– Paula Martinez
- Graduated cum laude from the University of Florida with a double major in Political Science and Criminology
- Machen Florida Opportunity Scholar at the University of Florida
- Graduated from the University of Kentucky College of Law
- Writing Chair, Moot Court Board
- Former President, Latino Student Society
- CALI Award Recipient for Advanced Legal Writing
- University of Kentucky College of Law Pro Bono Award Recipient
- Admitted to the Florida Bar in 2019
"The secret of life, though, is to fall seven times and to get up eight times." -Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
In 2003, Paula moved from Colombia to South Florida. In 2012, she moved to Gainesville, FL to pursue a double major in Political Science and Criminology at the University of Florida.
After graduating in 2016, Paula moved to Lexington, KY to pursue her juris doctor degree at the University of Kentucky College of Law. During law school, she was actively involved in assisting the local community of Lexington. More specifically, she helped underprivileged clients at Legal Aid of the Bluegrass and guided clients through the complex immigration system at Maxwell Street Legal Clinic. Moreover, she completed the summer judicial program at the Fifteenth Circuit Court of Florida. Prior to joining Van Horn Law Group, P.A., she externed for Chief Judge Tracey N. Wise for the Eastern District of Kentucky Bankruptcy Court.
In her free time, Paula enjoys going to the beach, trips to art museums, cooking, and listening to podcasts and audiobooks.