Chad Van Horn, Esq. is a South Florida business leader and founding partner attorney of Van Horn Law Group, P.A. He and his strong team of attorneys, paralegals, and staff have built Van Horn Law Group into the largest bankruptcy firm in Broward County, Florida, based on the number of cases filed in the last 12 months.* The also ranked among Inc. magazine's 5000 fastest-growing, privately held companies in 2019 and 2020.
The firm's success rests on its staff's legal expertise and client-oriented mission: to restore peace of mind to individuals in financial distress by providing first-rate, affordable legal services with compassion, understanding, and respect. This philosophy filters down into all practice areas, including personal and corporate bankruptcy, student loan consolidation and litigation, estate planning/asset protection, LGBT estate planning/asset protection, foreclosure defense, corporate representation, debt consolidation, civil litigation, debt relief and consumer law. Van Horn also is well known for his proficiency in business and real estate transactions, commercial and real estate litigation, loan modifications, and landlord-tenant disputes.
"I believe the overall improvement of our community starts with giving our citizens – people who make up the foundation of our community – equal access to the legal system," he said. "This serves as a stepping stone for their future accomplishment, opens doors to success, and strengthens the fabric of our society."
In support of this view, Van Horn wrote and published “Everything You Need To Know About Bankruptcy in Florida”, a roadmap to bankruptcy outlining options available to those deep in debt. The book is free and available by visiting www.freebankruptcybook.com. He also published a second book titled The Debt Life, a collection of true stories that illustrate tactics to lift the burden of debt and the spirit-crushing stress it causes. The Debt Life is available at www.tinyurl.com/DebtLifePaperback.
Helping people, especially those facing hardship, is a way of life for Van Horn that extends far beyond his law practice into all of his community and civic efforts. He applies his resources and network to helping others through a combination of spirited entrepreneurship, dedicated philanthropy, and legal expertise.
He gives generously to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Broward County, serving as current board chair and board member since 2013, sponsoring and participating in the organization's events, and as a Big Brother mentor to Desmond since 2012. In addition, he provides significant volunteer pro bono services to veterans through Mission United and helps children in need by consistently supporting the OJ McDuffie Foundation.
Van Horn has been recognized for his efforts by multiple organizations. In 2021, his firm was named Law Firm of the Year by Legal Aid Service, and Van Horn was named a Florida Legal Awards 2021 On the Rise honoree by the Daily Business Review. In 2020, he received The Russell E. Carlisle Advocacy Award from Legal Aid Services of Broward County, the Up & Comer Award from South Florida Business & Wealth, the National Philanthropy Day Individual Hero Award from the Association of Fundraising Professionals, and the Legacy Builder Award from Legacy Lives Here, Inc. In 2018, he received the prestigious 40 Under 40 award by the South Florida Business Journal and was selected for Leadership Broward Class XXXVII. In 2017, he was named Florida Big of the Year out of 15,000 mentors statewide and 2017Attorney of the Year by Legal Aid Service of Broward County.
Van Horn's journey to success began as a business major at Robert Morris University in Pittsburgh, PA. He completed his Bachelor of Science in Business Management, focusing on Entrepreneurship and International Business in 2005, including a semester abroad at the American University of Rome in Rome, Italy. This experience broadened his horizons by opening his eyes to global economic and social perspectives.
In 2005, Van Horn moved to South Florida and started working as a bankruptcy law clerk while attending law school at night. He earned his Juris Doctor from Nova Southeastern University's Shepard Broad Law School in 2009 and was elected graduating class speaker, a vocation which he still avidly enjoys. Van Horn, a Fort Lauderdale resident, was admitted to the Florida State Bar in 2009 and the United States Supreme Court in 2014. He is a certified expert in both consumer and business bankruptcy by the Association of Boards of Certification and has appeared in over 4,000 bankruptcy matters.
Van Horn Law Group, P.A., is headquartered in Fort Lauderdale with satellite offices in West Palm Beach, Doral, North Miami and Miramar. For more information, visit www.vanhornlawgroup.com or call (954) 765-3166.
- Personal Bankruptcy
- Corporate Bankruptcy
- Student Loan Debt
- Consumer Law
- Foreclosure Defense
- Loan Modification
- Florida State Bar
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Bankruptcy Bar Association of the Southern District of Florida
- American University of Rome, Rome, Italy
- Robert Morris University, Pittsburgh
- Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center
- Certified Bankruptcy Attorney - The American Board of Certification
- Superstar Pro Bono Attorney Legal Aid Service of Broward County, Inc 2016
- LEGAL AID OF BROWARD COUNTY'S 2017 PRO BONO ATTORNEY OF THE YEAR, 2017
- South Florida's Top Rate Lawyers Legal Leaders 2014
- AV Preeminent® Rated from Martindale-Hubbell®
- 2016 Big Brother of the Year by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Broward County
- 2017 Florida Big Brother of the Year by Big Brother Big Sisters
- Super Lawyer Florida Rising Star Super Lawyers Magazine 2013, 2016 - 2021
- Avvo Top Bankruptcy Contributor
- Avvo Clients' Choice
- Overall Client Rating 5.0 Martindale-Hubbell 2012 - 2017
- Lead Counsel Rated Attorney LawInfo.com
- American Institute of Legal Counsel 10 Best Attorney Client Satisfaction in Bankruptcy Law Division
- South Florida Business Journal 40 under 40 Award
- South Florida Business & Wealth Up & Comer Award
- Legacy Builder Award
- The Russell E. Carlisle Advocacy Advocacy Award
- First Chapter 11 Subchapter V Confirmed in Florida