Debra Van Horn Scholarship
A scholarship for students in grades 7 through 12 and college students raised in single-parent households
All you need to know
Information about our newly established Debra Van Horn College Scholarship
In honor of Debra Van Horn, a single-mother, her son, the founder of Van Horn Law Group, P.A., has established a renewable $1,000 scholarship for college students who were raised in a single-parent household and want to give back to their community.
Van Horn Law Group is a law firm committed to its clients and its community. As a firm that meets regularly with clients suffering from student loan debt, we understand the financial hardships that come with pursuing higher education. Our goal is to promote learning, encourage community involvement, and assist students who may otherwise not consider pursuing or remaining in higher education.
How To Apply For The Debra Van Horn College Scholarship
We are now accepting applications for the Debra Van Horn Scholarship. Students in grades 7 through 12, High school seniors and college undergraduates are invited to apply. One winner will be awarded $1,000 to be used for any educational expenses.
Eligibility and rules
- be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or permanent resident
- be accepted for enrollment as a full-time student at an accredited middle school, high school, undergraduate institution of higher education at the time of scholarship disbursement
- have been raised in a single-parent household
- have a minimum GPA of 2.5/4.0
- be an active participant in the community and at your current educational institution
Only one submission is allowed per person, per year. Any applicants that do not meet the above requirements will be disqualified.
Application deadline: 11:59:59 PM EST on March 15th, 2017. The winner will be determined by mid-April 2017.
- a completed application form
- a 60-90 second video demonstrating why the individual deserves this award
A transcript is not necessary at the time of application, but the committee retains the right to ask for it in order to confirm the GPA you provide in your application.
- How did you overcome the hardship of growing up in a single-parent household?
- Who or what became major parts of your support system and how did they help?
- Why does this motivate you to pursue a career in helping others?
- How do your interests mirror or align with ours?
How to submit your video
- To submit your video entry, upload your video to your YouTube account. If you need information on how to create a YouTube account or how to upload a video to YouTube, click on this link.
- It is important that you do not set your video to Private, it must be Public.
- The video title used should be “Van Horn Law Group - ‘YOUR NAME’.”
- After your video has been submitted to YouTube, email the link to your video to email@example.com
Videos may be used for other marketing purposes.
The committee will make its selection based on the content, delivery, and creativity of your video.
APPLY FOR THE DEBRA VAN HORN COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP
The deadline to submit your application is March 15th, 2017.
We are now accepting applications for the Debra Van Horn Scholarship. Students in grades 7 through 12, High school seniors and college undergraduates are invited to apply. One winner will be awarded $1,000 to be used for any educational expenses. Click the button below to submit your application for consideration.