– Entry Level Corporate Bankruptcy Paralegal
Van Horn Law Group – Ft. Lauderdale
Entry Level Corporate Bankruptcy Paralegal
Van Horn Law Group, an AV rated firm, is seeking a Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Paralegal that will provide organizational and practice specific assistance to attorneys in the Bankruptcy Department in all stages of the Chapter 11 Reorganization. Demonstrates professionalism, attention to detail, and ability to handle multiple priorities and work in an organized, efficient manner at any given time. Supports the department with general administrative duties and special projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists in drafting, managing and organizing various documents related to real estate transactions, including escrow instructions, title and survey review, entity formations, UCC searches, local transfer requirements and due diligence.
- Utilizes, creates or establishes procedures to manage large, complex transactions; attends hearings and manages documentation; coordinates workflow and manages;
- Drafts legal documents including, but not limited to, basic agreements, motions and plans; compiles information and prepares schedules and exhibits.
- Will be provided a mentor that will provide leadership and training.
- Maintains timely and accurate timekeeping records.
Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to communicate professionally and interact effectively with all levels of personnel, including management staff and support staff.
- Ability to be a proactive self-starter who understands the details within a much larger context.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, reliability and ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Excellent client service skills and ability to work on multiple matters simultaneously in an organized manner and under minimal supervision.
- Flexibility and able to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands.
- Ability to work overtime on an as-needed basis.
- Requires manual dexterity and physical mobility, including the ability to move frequently (several times an hour) from work station or desk to work independently or with team to organize documents/binders and retrieve files stored in vertical cabinets throughout the work area.
- Position requires ability to move from the work station or desk several times throughout the day and go to various offices to retrieve documents and meet with attorneys, and receive instructions.
- Position also requires the ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution preferred.
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA certified paralegal program preferred, but not necessary.
- Proficiency with Windows-based software and Microsoft Word, and Excel required.
- Proficiency with Google Apps including Gmail, Google Drive and Google Calendar required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 per year
Job Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
To apply, please email the following to Careers@cvhlawgroup.com
- Cover Letter